If there is a resource that you would like added to this list please call (814) 623-4807.
- Area Agency on Agency: Dedicated to Serving the Elderly of Huntingdon, Bedford, and Fulton Counties.
- Home Nursing Agency: Provides homecare, hospice, behavioral healthcare, and community services.
- Allegheny Lutheran Social Services: Offers children’s programs, child care, counseling, in home care, adult day services and three continuing care retirement communities (CCRC) in an eight-county area of West Central Pennsylvania.
- Federated Library System: The library system is comprised of all of the libraries in the County. Libraries offer an array of services for the community.
- Penn State Extension: Penn State Extension delivers science-based information to people, businesses, and communities. They provide access to face-to-face and online education.
- Regional Education Foundation: The Regional Education Foundation fosters, encourages, and promotes the growth, progress, and general welfare of the Allegany College of Maryland Bedford County Campus.
- Unified Family Services Systems: Unified Family Services Systems of Bedford County is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of all of our County’s children and families.
- Alternative Community Resource Program: Alternative Community Resource Program helps youth and families in Bedford County by providing an array of services and programs including educational, mental and behavioral health, community and recreational, summer programs, juvenile justice, and child welfare.
- Extended Family Programs: Extended Family Programs provides a comprehensive range of integrated services where children can develop acceptable behaviors to improve their overall social and academic skills in school and society.
- Career Link: Offers assistance to job seekers in areas of resume writing, career counseling, job search assistance, etc.
- Job Gateway: A tool used to help job seekers during their career search.
- PA Department of Labor and Industry
- Center for Community Action: Center for Communication Action coordinates, partners, and provides services and resources to promote self-sufficiency and community prosperity. They offer an array of services including homeless and housing assistance, food assistance, medical assistance, employment assistance, etc.
- 2020 Support Groups
- Bedford-Somerset Developmental and Behavioral Health Services: Bedford-Somerset Developmental and Behavioral Health Services (DBHS) provides family centered services in their early intervention program, recovery and resiliency in their mental health program, and self-determination in their intellectual disabilities program.
- Your Safe Haven: Your Safe Haven addresses the issue of domestic violence in Bedford County.
- Center for Independent Living: Center for Independent Living empowers people with disabilities to live independently. They work to remove physical and attitudinal barriers that prevent people with disabilities from exercising their rights, achieving personal independence, and participating fully in the life of the community.
- Peerstar: Peerstar LLCSM provides guidance, support and hope to individuals recovering from mental illnesses and/or co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
- Pathways: Specializes in providing outpatient behavioral health services to children and adolescents in the school, home, and community setting.
- Nulton Diagnostic & Treatment Center: Provides behavioral health care to children, adolescents, and adults.
- Family Behavioral Resources: Family Behavioral Resources work in local schools, homes and communities serving children with diagnosed behavioral and mental health disorders.
- Youth Advocate Programs: Youth Advocate Programs provides community-based alternatives to out-of-home care through direct service, advocacy and policy change.
- Human Services Directory
- Conservation District: The Bedford County Conservation District encourages stewardship and conservation of natural resources for the community.
Click the following link for a list of transportation resources that the County provides: Transportation Resources
- Historical Society: The Bedford County Historical Society documents, preserves, protects, and promotes the history and heritage of Bedford County.
- Bedford County Humane Society: The Bedford County Humane Society rescues abused and neglected dogs and cats and rehabilitates them mentally and physically in order to place them with the best new family.
Drug and Alcohol
- Personal Solutions Incorporated: Personal Solutions Inc. provides drug and alcohol services to those who are in need in Bedford County.
- Drug and Alcohol Prevention Partnership: The Bedford County Drug and Alcohol Prevention Partnership includes representatives from 12 community sectors that make up the partnership. The partnership implements multi-faceted plans to lead to measurable, population-level reductions substance abuse.
- Twin Lakes: Provides drug and alcohol rehabilitation services.
- Recovery Concepts: Provides treatment services in areas of drug & alcohol, individual and group counseling, DUI services, drug screens, education, family intervention & consultation, EMDR, and evidence-based trauma counseling.
- Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs: Access and learn more about resources for veterans and military service members.
- Bedford County Development Association: The Bedford County Development Association improves quality of life in Bedford County through economic development while preserving our heritage and natural resources.
- The Progress Fund: Provides financing and business coaching to help grow businesses and create jobs for the region.
- Ben Franklin Technology Partners: Provides startup funding and business support services to tech-based startups and small manufactures in PA.
- Saint Francis Small Business Development Center: Helps to enable small businesses to start, grow and prosper by providing quality services through education, research and consultation to promote regional economic progress.
- Team Pennsylvania: Team Pennsylvania helps connect private and public sector leaders to achieve and sustain progress for Pennsylvania.
- Women Business Development Center: Fosters the development and retention of successful businesses and helps support existing businesses.
- Downtown Bedford Incorporated: Downtown Bedford Inc. promotes the revitalization of Historic Bedford as a retail, community and service center to bring downtown economic prosperity.
- Bedford County Chamber of Commerce: The Bedford County Chamber of Commerce enhances and promotes continuous improvement of the business climate in our community.
- Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development: The Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development assist local communities by providing strategic technical assistance, training, and financial resources to help our County and industries flourish.
- Economic Development Resources: The Bedford County Economic Development Association put together a comprehensive list of resources and websites.
- Southern Alleghenies Planning and Development Commission: The Southern Alleghenies Planning and Development Commission is an economic and community development organization serving the six County Region.
- PA Business One Stop Resource: A go-to resource for planning, registering, operating, and growing a business. This tool is the first stop for many individuals who have ideas for new business opportunities or simply need to learn about the vast toolbox of services and resources available within Pennsylvania. This newly formed office ensures that individuals have the tools and resources they need to work smart and live happy.
- Bedford County Visitors Bureau: Learn more about all that Bedford County has to offer.
- MidPenn Legal Services: MidPenn Legal Services is a public-interest law firm dedicated to providing equal access to justice and high quality civil services to low-income residents and survivors of domestic violence.
- Commonwealth Website: The website connects individuals with state and local resources.
- Bedford County Resource Guide
- Housing Resources
- Issues with Community Health Choices